Y O U R....V I S I O N....I S....O U R....M I S S I O N

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Indonesia's Gross Domestic Product Up by 6.0 Percent

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Indonesia`s gross domestic product (GDP) increased by 6.0 percent in the first quarter of 2006 compared to the same period of 2006, contributing to substantial growth to the processing industrial sector.

"This indicates that the processing industrial sector has recorded a rapid growth of the Indonesian economy," a Deputy for economic statistics of the Central Bureau of Statistics (BPS), Pietojo, said here on Monday.

In the BPS report it was said that in the first quarter of 2007 compared to the corresponding period of 2006, all sectors recorded a rise except the agriculture sector which underwent a minus 0.5 percent growth, recording a minus 0.1 percent of its contribution to the GDP growth.

No comments: